This change was made by a bot.
** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)
Status: New => Confirmed
** Tags added: disco
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kernel
Packages, which is subscribed to linux in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1844926
Title:
Kernel panic when booting Razer Blade 15" 2018
Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
Confirmed
Bug description:
A few days ago I decided to test the upcoming 19.10 release. After
rebooting, I faced a very early kernel panic. The whole disk is
encrypted and I couldn't even reach the decryption phase where it asks
for the password.
The kernel package is `linux-image-generic/eoan,now 5.3.0.10.11`
I am currently running 5.0.0-29-generic without problems. I don't have
any versions installed in-between those two.
Following https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebuggingKernelBoot I collected
photos of the kernel booting. There is a little bit scrolled out, but
it scrolls way too fast for me to capture even on video. Please let
me know if I can provide any further information.
ProblemType: Bug
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 19.10
Package: linux-image-generic 5.3.0.10.11
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 5.0.0-29.31-generic 5.0.21
Uname: Linux 5.0.0-29-generic x86_64
ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu7
Architecture: amd64
AudioDevicesInUse:
USER PID ACCESS COMMAND
/dev/snd/controlC1: tamas 1813 F.... pulseaudio
/dev/snd/controlC0: tamas 1813 F.... pulseaudio
CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
Date: Sun Sep 22 14:56:18 2019
InstallationDate: Installed on 2019-06-09 (104 days ago)
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 19.04 "Disco Dingo" - Release amd64 (20190416)
Lsusb:
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 1532:0233 Razer USA, Ltd Razer Blade
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 1bcf:2c9a Sunplus Innovation Technology Inc. USB
Camera
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 8087:0025 Intel Corp.
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
MachineType: Razer Blade
ProcFB: 0 inteldrmfb
ProcKernelCmdLine: BOOT_IMAGE=/vmlinuz-5.0.0-29-generic
root=/dev/mapper/ubuntu--vg-root ro quiet splash
RelatedPackageVersions:
linux-restricted-modules-5.0.0-29-generic N/A
linux-backports-modules-5.0.0-29-generic N/A
linux-firmware 1.182
SourcePackage: linux
UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to eoan on 2019-09-20 (1 days ago)
dmi.bios.date: 09/05/2018
dmi.bios.vendor: Razer
dmi.bios.version: 1.06
dmi.board.name: C1_MB
dmi.board.vendor: Razer
dmi.chassis.type: 10
dmi.chassis.vendor: Razer
dmi.modalias:
dmi:bvnRazer:bvr1.06:bd09/05/2018:svnRazer:pnBlade:pvr1.05:rvnRazer:rnC1_MB:rvr:cvnRazer:ct10:cvr:
dmi.product.family: 1A582000 Razer Blade
dmi.product.name: Blade
dmi.product.sku: RZ09-02385W92
dmi.product.version: 1.05
dmi.sys.vendor: Razer
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1844926/+subscriptions
--
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~kernel-packages
Post to : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~kernel-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp