Public bug reported:
SRU Justification
Impact: Python2 is nearing eol and has been demoted to universe in eoan.
We have build dependencies on python-sphinx and python-sphinx-rtd-theme
for generating html docs, which are python2 tools but have python3
replacements.
Fix: Switch to using ptyon3-sphinx and python3-sphinx-rtd-theme.
Test Case: I've built the linux-doc package using the python3 packages,
and it works perfectly well.
Regression Potential: These are only used for generating html
documentation files, so any regressions would only be seen there. I saw
no regression in the generated html documentation in my test build.
** Affects: linux (Ubuntu)
Importance: Medium
Assignee: Seth Forshee (sforshee)
Status: In Progress
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kernel
Packages, which is subscribed to linux in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1845808
Title:
Use pyhon3-sphinx instead of python-sphinx for building html docs
Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
In Progress
Bug description:
SRU Justification
Impact: Python2 is nearing eol and has been demoted to universe in
eoan. We have build dependencies on python-sphinx and python-sphinx-
rtd-theme for generating html docs, which are python2 tools but have
python3 replacements.
Fix: Switch to using ptyon3-sphinx and python3-sphinx-rtd-theme.
Test Case: I've built the linux-doc package using the python3
packages, and it works perfectly well.
Regression Potential: These are only used for generating html
documentation files, so any regressions would only be seen there. I
saw no regression in the generated html documentation in my test
build.
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1845808/+subscriptions
--
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~kernel-packages
Post to : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~kernel-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp