This bug is missing log files that will aid in diagnosing the problem.
>From a terminal window please run:

apport-collect 1264807

and then change the status of the bug to 'Confirmed'.

If, due to the nature of the issue you have encountered, you are unable
to run this command, please add a comment stating that fact and change
the bug status to 'Confirmed'.

This change has been made by an automated script, maintained by the
Ubuntu Kernel Team.

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

** Tags added: trusty

  Kubuntu 14.04 freezes after LightDM login

Status in “linux” package in Ubuntu:

  I have re-setup my notebook with Kubuntu 14.04. I have an nVidia
  Optimus platform and hence wanting to try out kerne 3.12 with native
  switching support. Also the whole system is encrypted with LUKS/dm-
  crypt.

  At bootup I get nicely prompted for the LUKS key, I enter it and
  afterwords I end up at LightDM. I provide the password there and then
  the KDE screen appears on which different icons would appear within
  seconds. However the computer freezes at that point - or rather the
  display freezes.

  I tried to ctrl-alt-f2 but that didn't open a terminal.

  Upon suggestion, I then tried to ssh into the computer. That worked
  fine.

  So it seems there are graphic problems or something. In order to use
  that installation I currently use the Saucy kernel.

  While SSHing I made a backup of the whole /var/log folder. I don't
  know which of them are relevenat but I can provide them when asked.

  According the lshw I have:

  product:      GF119M [GeForce GT 520M]
  vendor:       NVIDIA Corporation

  and

  product:      2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics
Controller
  vendor:       Intel Corporation