Hi Frank,

I have tested the new test kernel and it boots successfully.

Please note this kernel is NOT SUPPORTED by Canonical, and is for
TESTING PURPOSES ONLY. ONLY Install in a dedicated test environment.

Instructions to install (on a bionic system):

1) sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mruffell/sf241068-test
2) sudo apt-get update
3) sudo apt install linux-image-unsigned-5.0.0-27-generic
linux-headers-5.0.0-27-generic linux-headers-5.0.0-27
linux-modules-5.0.0-27-generic linux-modules-extra-5.0.0-27-generic
4) reboot
5) uname -rv
5.0.0-27-generic #28~18.04.1+hf241068v20191002b1-Ubuntu SMP Wed Oct 2 04:04:05
UTC

If you get different output from uname -rv, you might be booted into the
wrong kernel, and you will need to change your grub configuration. Let
me know if you need help with this.

Otherwise, this test kernel contains the requested patches for Bug
1842037 and Bug 1829878.

Let me know how this test kernel goes, and if it fixes your NFS
problems. If it doesn't, it would be good to upload some logs so we can
have a better look.

Thanks,
Matthew

  Oops when Kerberos credentials are invalid

Status in linux source package in Disco:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  There's a bug in Linux Kernel 5.0 which is triggered by invalid
  credentials when the NFS clients is trying to aquire them via GSSD.
  This affects NFS-Shares that are protected by krb5* security. They
  become unusable until the system is re-booted. The problem is quite
  severe on terminal servers with multiple users - some of them not
  caring about refreshing their kerberos tickets.

  A fix is available here:

<https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/net/sunrpc/clnt.c?id=7987b694ade8cc465ce10fb3dceaa614f13ceaf3>