This fix has already been released with disco linux 5.0.0-21.22, as part
of the update to 5.0.12 upstream stable release (LP: #1830934).
Therefore I'm marking it as 'Fix Released'.
** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu Disco)
Status: Fix Committed => Fix Released
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kernel
Packages, which is subscribed to linux in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1829942
Title:
Address performance issue w/ GICv4-based guests
Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
Fix Released
Status in linux source package in Cosmic:
Invalid
Status in linux source package in Disco:
Fix Released
Status in linux source package in Eoan:
Fix Released
Bug description:
[Impact]
Performance is degraded when a guest is booted w/ vgic v4 support enabled.
[Test Case]
I used a HiSilicon D06 system w/ an Intel 82599 10Gbps NIC. I passed through
a VF to a guest, and ran "netperf -H <host>" against a 10Gbps-capable target.
With vgic v4 support, I'm only seeing 5-6Gbps. With vgic v3 support, this was
in the 9Gbps spectrum. And, after applying the upstream fix, I'm also seeing
>9Gbps w/ vgic v4 enabled.
Note: to enable vgic v4 support, pass "kvm-arm.vgic_v4_enable=1" on
the host kernel cmdline.
[Fix]
ca71228b42a96 arm64: KVM: Always set ICH_HCR_EL2.EN if GICv4 is enabled
[Regression Risk]
The fix is restricted to the ARM/KVM subsystem.
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1829942/+subscriptions
--
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~kernel-packages
Post to : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~kernel-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp