** Also affects: linux (Ubuntu Eoan)

** Also affects: linux-oem-osp1 (Ubuntu Eoan)

** Changed in: linux-oem-osp1 (Ubuntu Eoan)

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu Eoan)

  drm/i915: Fix the issue of "azx_get_response timeout" for hdmi audio
  on ICL platforms

Status in HWE Next:
Status in linux-oem-osp1 package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in linux source package in Bionic:
  Invalid
Status in linux-oem-osp1 source package in Bionic:
  Fix Committed
Status in linux source package in Eoan:
  Fix Committed
Status in linux-oem-osp1 source package in Eoan:

  Since Bionic kernel doesn't support ICL platforms (i915), so these two
  patches will not be sent to Bionic kernel.

  [Impact]
  On the ICL platforms, the hdmi can't work well, the audio driver
  will print "azx_get_response timeout" randomly, then the whole
  audio doesn't work anymore.

  [Fix]
  Intel provide these two fixes to us, and we tested these two
  patches, it really fixed the issue.

  [Test Case]
  Boot and check the hdmi audio, then suspend and resume, check
  the hdmi audio, all work well.

  [Regression Risk]
  Low, Only enable the audio PIN and enable the clock for ICL. we
  tested on both ICL and non-ICL, all worked well as before.