** Description changed:

  Description

  Thus far we haven't had a compelling reason to spend our time making
  sure DAX is working properly with XFS realtime devices, but according to
  some comments on IRC, Darrick Wong is trying it and it isn't working:

  <djwong> now i run into the problem that if the data device doesn't support
dax then we refuse to enable it on the rt device
  <djwong> ...also, if the datadev supports it but the rtdev does not, creating
a dax rt file blow sup
  <djwong> "pwrite: Operation not supported"
  <djwong> mmap write just Bus errors
  • djwong discovers __bdev_dax_supported(), wonders why it takes a struct
super_block * and not a struct block_device *
  <djwong> i guess the answer is that xfs_fs_fill_super should only disable dax
if none of the devices support it, and we should only set S_DAX if
blk_queue_dax(whichever device the file is on)

  Fix this and get DAX + realtime devices working.

  Target Kernel: TBD
- Target Release: 19.10
+ Target Release: 20.04

** Tags removed: intel-kernel-19.10
** Tags added: intel-kernel-20.04

  [Feature] Crystal Ridge - get DAX working with XFS realtime devices

Status in intel:
  Triaged

[...]

  Target Release: 20.04