This bug is missing log files that will aid in diagnosing the problem.
While running an Ubuntu kernel (not a mainline or third-party kernel)
please enter the following command in a terminal window:
apport-collect 1849484
and then change the status of the bug to 'Confirmed'.
If, due to the nature of the issue you have encountered, you are unable
to run this command, please add a comment stating that fact and change
the bug status to 'Confirmed'.
This change has been made by an automated script, maintained by the
Ubuntu Kernel Team.
** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)
Status: New => Incomplete
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kernel
Packages, which is subscribed to linux in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1849484
Title:
[X1 Carbon 7, i915, HDMI] Ultra-wide monitor recognized properly when
plugged in only intermittently [Xorg only]
Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
Incomplete
Status in xorg-server package in Ubuntu:
New
Bug description:
I have an LG ultra-wide (2560x1080) monitor.
Sometimes when I plug it into my laptop, whose screen was working fine
before I plugged it in, both screens go black but nothing else
happens. I can still see the mouse cursor and move it between the two
monitors (sometimes in the correct location configuration I've
configured, sometimes not), but nothing is rendered on the screens.
Sometimes when I plug the monitor in, it comes on, but the resolution
is wrong.
Sometimes it is actually recognized and configured correctly.
Frequently I have to unplug the monitor and plug it back in three
times or more before it is recognized correctly.
I wish it just worked right the first time. :-/
ProblemType: Bug
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 19.10
Package: gnome-shell 3.34.1-1ubuntu1
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 5.3.0-19.20-generic 5.3.1
Uname: Linux 5.3.0-19-generic x86_64
NonfreeKernelModules: zfs zunicode zavl icp zcommon znvpair
ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu8
Architecture: amd64
CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
Date: Wed Oct 23 08:34:07 2019
DisplayManager: gdm3
InstallationDate: Installed on 2019-09-12 (40 days ago)
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 19.04 "Disco Dingo" - Release amd64 (20190416)
RelatedPackageVersions: mutter-common 3.34.1-1ubuntu1
SourcePackage: gnome-shell
UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to eoan on 2019-09-20 (32 days ago)
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1849484/+subscriptions
--
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~kernel-packages
Post to : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~kernel-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp