I completely missed the verification ping here in the sea of other
kernel bug mail that I get.  Will work with the LP team to get this
verified as quickly as I can, but if you need to make a revert/ship call
before I can, the patches should be pretty harmless even if they don't
fix the bug, so I'd vote for keep and ship and we can fix later if we
missed a bit.

  arm64: sigaltstack fails with MINSIGSTKSZ for 32-bit processes

Status in linux source package in Xenial:
  Fix Committed
Status in linux package in Debian:

  The arm64 kernel allows one to run aarch32 processes on an aarch64
  processor, using the standard 32/64-bit syscall compatibility. However
  this compat layer does not correctly validate the arguments of the
  sigaltstack syscall which can result in process failures.

  [Test Case]

  The simple reproducer from https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-
  bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=904385 triggers a memory allocation error with
  the current Xenial 4.4 kernel.

  [Fix]

  Backport the following two upstream commits:
  24951465cbd2 arm64: compat: Provide definition for COMPAT_SIGMINSTKSZ
  22839869f21a signal: Introduce COMPAT_SIGMINSTKSZ for use in
compat_sys_sigaltstack

  With these two commits, the reproducer no longer fails.

  [Regression Potential]

  Low. the modifications are trivial and the two patches have been in
  upstream for quite a while.

  [Original Description]

  This seems to have been fixed in 4.15 (finally), but is still an issue
  in the 4.4 kernel used on our builders, and possibly others as well
  (needs investigation).

  The original Debian bug report linked has more info, as well as the
  patchset on lkml at https://lkml.org/lkml/2018/7/25/409