Thank you for the reply.

Are you saying that you need confirmation from the original bug reporter
(Michael) that his problem still exists with the latest BIOS and latest
Ubuntu, and that confirmation from other people won't do because we
might have a different problem?

I can understand the reasoning behind that policy, but I think in this
case it's reasonably clear that we all have the same problem here. If we
were all to create separate bug reports describing exactly the same
symptoms then that would create confusing distractions and dilute the
good efforts of people like you, would it not?

Of course, if it's the only way to proceed then we can create a new
report. (Can we be sure that it won't immediately get closed as a
duplicate?)

  [Tohsiba Portege Z20T-C] Internal speakers don't work after standby

Status in linux package in Debian:

  On initial boot, sound on internal speakers is working. After standby
  it doesn work anymore, but a analog headset does. Switching around in
  pavucontrol doesn't work... Internal microphone works.

  I'm using Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit on a 4.4.0-34-generic kernel.

  Toshiba/Dynabook Portege Z20T-C:

https://support.dynabook.com/support/modelHome?freeText=1200015981&osId=3333785

  ---
  ApportVersion: 2.20.1-0ubuntu2.1
  Architecture: amd64
  AudioDevicesInUse:
   USER        PID ACCESS COMMAND
   /dev/snd/controlC0:  michi      6510 F.... pulseaudio
  CurrentDesktop: GNOME-Flashback:Unity
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 16.04
  HibernationDevice: RESUME=/dev/mapper/1tb-swap
  MachineType: TOSHIBA PORTEGE Z20t-C
  Package: linux (not installed)
  ProcFB: 0 inteldrmfb
  ProcKernelCmdLine: BOOT_IMAGE=/vmlinuz-4.4.0-34-generic.efi.signed
root=/dev/mapper/1tb-miniubuntu ro quiet splash vt.handoff=7
  RelatedPackageVersions:
   linux-restricted-modules-4.4.0-34-generic N/A
   linux-backports-modules-4.4.0-34-generic  N/A
   linux-firmware                            1.157.3
  Tags:  xenial
  UserGroups: adm cdrom dip libvirtd lp lpadmin plugdev sambashare sudo
  _MarkForUpload: True
  dmi.bios.date: 06/27/2016
  dmi.bios.vendor: TOSHIBA
  dmi.bios.version: Version 5.60
  dmi.board.asset.tag: 0000000000
  dmi.board.name: PORTEGE Z20t-C
  dmi.board.vendor: TOSHIBA
  dmi.board.version: Version A0
  dmi.chassis.asset.tag: 0000000000
  dmi.chassis.type: 10
  dmi.chassis.vendor: TOSHIBA
  dmi.chassis.version: Version 1.0
  dmi.modalias:
dmi:bvnTOSHIBA:bvrVersion5.60:bd06/27/2016:svnTOSHIBA:pnPORTEGEZ20t-C:pvrPT16BE-00W006GR:rvnTOSHIBA:rnPORTEGEZ20t-C:rvrVersionA0:cvnTOSHIBA:ct10:cvrVersion1.0:
  dmi.product.name: PORTEGE Z20t-C
  dmi.product.version: PT16BE-00W006GR
  dmi.sys.vendor: TOSHIBA