** Changed in: nouveau
Status: Confirmed => Unknown
** Bug watch added:
gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-nouveau/issues #12
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-nouveau/issues/12
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kernel
Packages, which is subscribed to linux in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/763052
Title:
Ubuntu can't boot on nvidia GeForce GT240 with nouveau drivers
Status in Linux:
New
Status in Nouveau Xorg driver:
Unknown
Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
Fix Released
Status in Fedora:
New
Bug description:
Binary package hint: xserver-xorg-video-nouveau
I can't boot Ubuntu 10.10 on my PC with NVIDIA GeForce GT 240 (PCIe 16x).
Instead login screen I see [attachment DSC00391.JPG].
Ctrl+Alt+Del and SysRq+B don't work.
Why Ubuntu use experimental (nouveau) driver?!? :
xserver-xorg-video-nouveau - X.Org X server -- Nouveau display driver
(experimental)
WORKAROUND:
I must install Ubuntu from alternate CD and boot to text mode and uninstall
these packages: nouveau-firmware, xserver-xorg-video-nouveau and install
nvidia-current package.
WORKAROUND: Try boot live cd with "nomodeset" option. It works for me
on GeForce GT 240.
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/linux/+bug/763052/+subscriptions
--
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~kernel-packages
Post to : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~kernel-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp