The 5.3.y branch doesn't have this fix yet, and looking for fix patches
from branch 4.19.y is not easy. If possible, it is helpful if users
could file V3D issues against 5.3.y
(https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/issues)

Thx.

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-raspi2 in Ubuntu.

  CONFIG_DRM_V3D is disabled for linux-raspi2 of eoan

Status in linux-raspi2 package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in linux-raspi2 source package in Eoan:
  Triaged

Bug description:
  We enabled DRM_VC4 in the linux-raspi2 of eoan, but disabled the
  DRM_V3D.

  In fact the DRM_V3D is crucial for graphical applications (such as
  ubuntu-desktop :) as it removes the graphical overhead from the cpu to
  the gpu, making the applications work much faster.

  Please refer to https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-
  raspi2/+bug/1848703/comments/32

  [Impact]
  Users reported that we should enable the DRM_V3D, then the GPU will
  be fully used when running "ubuntu-desktop"

  [Fix]
  Enable the DRM_V3D, the v3d.ko will be built

  [Test Case]
  Users already tested it, it worked well.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-raspi2/+bug/1848703/comments/36

  [Regression Risk]
  Low, I already did building test for arm64 and armhf, all passed.
  And uers already tested the kernel module, it worked as expected.