This bug is missing log files that will aid in diagnosing the problem.
While running an Ubuntu kernel (not a mainline or third-party kernel)
please enter the following command in a terminal window:

apport-collect 1859028

and then change the status of the bug to 'Confirmed'.

If, due to the nature of the issue you have encountered, you are unable
to run this command, please add a comment stating that fact and change
the bug status to 'Confirmed'.

This change has been made by an automated script, maintained by the
Ubuntu Kernel Team.

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

** Tags added: bionic

  Touchpad not working after kernel upgrade

  My touchpad stopped to work unexpectedly. I don't understand, the cause of
problem. Yesterday touchpad workes well, today I turned on my laptop, and
touchpad not working. Maybe the problem did apperes after I upgrade to kernel
4.15.0-74-generic, but it was upgraded two days ago.
  1. My laptop model: HP Probook 450 G3
  2. Manufacturer of touchpad - Synaptic, I don't know exact model

  Touchpad doesn't work in ubuntu live cd too. But it works in bios uefi
  and in windows installation cd.

  xinput doesn't return information about touchpad
  ```
  xinput
  ⎡ Virtual core pointer                        id=2    [master pointer  (3)]
  ⎜   ↳ Virtual core XTEST pointer                      id=4    [slave  pointer
 (2)]
  ⎜   ↳ A4TECH USB Device                               id=9    [slave  pointer
 (2)]
  ⎜   ↳ A4TECH USB Device                               id=15   [slave  pointer
 (2)]
  ⎣ Virtual core keyboard                       id=3    [master keyboard (2)]
      ↳ Virtual core XTEST keyboard                     id=5    [slave
keyboard (3)]
      ↳ Power Button                                    id=6    [slave
keyboard (3)]
      ↳ Video Bus                                       id=7    [slave
keyboard (3)]
      ↳ Sleep Button                                    id=8    [slave
keyboard (3)]
      ↳ HP HD Camera: HP HD Camera                      id=11   [slave
keyboard (3)]
      ↳ AT Raw Set 2 keyboard                           id=12   [slave
keyboard (3)]
      ↳ HP WMI hotkeys                                  id=13   [slave
keyboard (3)]
      ↳ HP Wireless hotkeys                             id=14   [slave
keyboard (3)]
      ↳ A4TECH USB Device                               id=10   [slave
keyboard (3)]

  ```
  I tried to set kernel options
  ```
  GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash i8042.nomux=1 i8042.reset"

  ```
  it didn't helped to me

  In attachments
  ```