This bug is missing log files that will aid in diagnosing the problem.
While running an Ubuntu kernel (not a mainline or third-party kernel)
please enter the following command in a terminal window:
apport-collect 1860253
and then change the status of the bug to 'Confirmed'.
If, due to the nature of the issue you have encountered, you are unable
to run this command, please add a comment stating that fact and change
the bug status to 'Confirmed'.
This change has been made by an automated script, maintained by the
Ubuntu Kernel Team.
** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)
Status: New => Incomplete
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kernel
Packages, which is subscribed to linux in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1860253
Title:
After kernel upgrade, the screen has got stuck when in running
programs on GUI.
Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
Incomplete
Bug description:
Hi, Ubuntu
First of all,
Ubuntu Version: 18.04.3 LTS
Kernel Version: linux-image-5.0.0-37-generic
H/W Info:
Processor - AMD Phenom II X3 720
Chipset - NVIDIA GeForce 8200
Package Repository: JAIST (JP)
Summary: A problem with Linux kernel linux-image-5.3.0-26-generic
Today, I got a notice from update manager that there are some upgrade
packages.
So, I did press the button 'Upgrade'.
After the upgrade, I reboot the machine and login as usual via gdm.
To run web browser, I clicked Firefox icon but got stuck, also other
apps like Settings.
I did investigate what packages have updated and found out that the
kernel package has upgraded to 5.3.0-26 from 5.0.0-37
So, I did boot up my machine with 5.0.0-37 instead 5.3.0-26 and the
machine works very well.
I hereby request you to investigate kernel package 5.3.0-26.
Thank you
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1860253/+subscriptions
--
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~kernel-packages
Post to : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~kernel-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp