Yes, that little patch applies cleanly to every 5.3 hwe build I've done (about
five I'd say)
To be clear:
diff --git a/drivers/gpu/drm/i915/gt/intel_lrc.c
b/drivers/gpu/drm/i915/gt/intel_lrc.c
index 82b7ace62d97..b18f281d5d12 100644
--- a/drivers/gpu/drm/i915/gt/intel_lrc.c
+++ b/drivers/gpu/drm/i915/gt/intel_lrc.c
@@ -510,7 +510,11 @@ execlists_user_begin(struct intel_engine_execlists
*execlists,
inline void
execlists_user_end(struct intel_engine_execlists *execlists)
{
+ struct intel_engine_cs *engine =
+ container_of(execlists, typeof(*engine), execlists);
+
execlists_clear_active(execlists, EXECLISTS_ACTIVE_USER);
+ mod_delayed_work(engine->i915->wq, &engine->i915->gem.retire_work, 0);
}
static inline void
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kernel
Packages, which is subscribed to linux in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1856653
Title:
CVE-2019-0154 caused major power problem, pls backport upstream's fix
Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
Confirmed
Bug description:
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/intel/issues/614
the fix released as CVE-2019-0154 increases idle power consumption on intel
i915 6th gen and later.
That's because the GPU does not enter RC6 any more.
For example, my Thinkpad P50 (6th gen) idles at 9w with current 5.3 kernels.
Previously, it idled at 5W.
Effects on a T480 (8th gen) are less dramatic but still significant.
5.5RC1 has the maintainer's second pass at this, which restores RC6
idling
The maintainer's patch for 5.3 is here:
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/intel/issues/614#note_366057
I have applied this to tag Ubuntu-hwe-5.3.0-25.27~18.04.2 and it
builds. I am testing it now.
I think it would be very helpful to backport this if you can.
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1856653/+subscriptions
--
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~kernel-packages
Post to : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~kernel-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp