This bug is missing log files that will aid in diagnosing the problem.
While running an Ubuntu kernel (not a mainline or third-party kernel)
please enter the following command in a terminal window:
apport-collect 1859097
and then change the status of the bug to 'Confirmed'.
If, due to the nature of the issue you have encountered, you are unable
to run this command, please add a comment stating that fact and change
the bug status to 'Confirmed'.
This change has been made by an automated script, maintained by the
Ubuntu Kernel Team.
** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)
Status: New => Incomplete
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kernel
Packages, which is subscribed to linux in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1859097
Title:
v19.10 update to kernel version 5.3.0-26-generic fails
Status in Ubuntu MATE:
Invalid
Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
Incomplete
Bug description:
When I ran the Software updater on Jan 8, 2020, a security update from
kernel version 5.3.0-24-generic to 5.3.0-26-generic was installed.
When I rebooted the system, I was dumped to the boot-loaders busy-box
prompt. I tried also under the Advanced options for Linux where normal
and recovery mode versions of both v5.3.0-26-generic and
v5.3.0-24-generic were available. Both of the 5.3.0-26-generic
options also sent me to the busy-box prompt. However, when I tried
the 5.3.0-24-generic option I was able to get the system started, and
it seems to work normally.
Some additional observations:
While watching the messages when trying to get the 5.3.0-26 version
going I noticed that it was not able to find the file system for my
Ubuntu-Mate installation.
I also noticed that the size of the initrd.img-5.3.0-26-generic is
about 4 MBytes smaller than the initrd.img-5.3.0-24-generic.
Since the Ubuntu-Mate file system is in a LVM partition, I am
wondering if the initrd.img-5.3.0-26-generic lacks the capability to
see the LVM partition.
I have tried to figure out how to unpack the two initrd.img files to
see what the differences are, but none of the information I have seen
on the web about how to do this works on the Ubuntu versions of the
file.
My computer is a Dell XPS-13-9370.
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-mate/+bug/1859097/+subscriptions
--
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~kernel-packages
Post to : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~kernel-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp