I'm changing the status to "Fix Released", based on current behavior.
(This is 18.04 with all available current updates.) (I can no longer
reproduce this problem, so somebody must have fixed it!)
I probably should have done this status change on 2019-01-10 along with
the note I added then, but I didn't know I had the juice.
** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)
Status: Confirmed => Fix Released
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kernel
Packages, which is subscribed to linux in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1798615
Title:
suspend does not lock in 18.04
Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
Fix Released
Bug description:
To reproduce from the command-line (this is ubuntu 18.04):
% gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.screensaver ubuntu-lock-on-suspend true
% gsettings get org.gnome.desktop.screensaver ubuntu-lock-on-suspend
true
% systemctl suspend
Now the monitors go black and report "no signal" (good), and it will
stay that way for hours (good) ... but if I tap "shift" key a few
times, Ubuntu 18.04 comes back without asking my password. (I
expected rather that the system would be locked, i.e. I should see a
dialog box that would require a password before anything else!)
Same thing if I suspend by using the upper-right-of-screen "power" icon
(click-and-hold, then click on the suspend icon).
Same thing if I let 20 minutes go by. (A msg comes up ~~ "system will
suspend soon...", and it does suspend, but doesn't lock).
I have left the ubuntu-lock-on-suspend setting at "true" through
several re-boots, but it still doesn't take effect.
I get the same behavior whether ubuntu-lock-on-suspend is set to
"true" or "false".
Other info:
% wmctrl -m
Name: GNOME Shell
Class: N/A
PID: N/A
Window manager's "showing the desktop" mode: N/A
% lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description: Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS
Release: 18.04
Codename: bionic
% uname -a
Linux ucbvax 4.15.0-36-generic #39-Ubuntu SMP Mon Sep 24 16:19:09 UTC 2018
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
I just upgraded from 16.04 a couple of weeks ago. I think (90%) it
was locking in 16.04, but now not locking in 18.04.
If I click on the upper-right-of-screen padlock icon, then the system
does lock (password required).
While it's locked in that way, I can click on the upper-right-of-
screen "suspend" (from drop-down), and then my system is both
suspended and locked. But the question is ...
How can I make my system lock (automatically) every time a "suspend"
happens? (Or even "every time kbd and mouse are idle for 15
minutes"?)
Please advise.
thanks
---
ProblemType: Bug
ApportVersion: 2.20.9-0ubuntu7.2
Architecture: amd64
AudioDevicesInUse:
USER PID ACCESS COMMAND
/dev/snd/controlC0: ubuntu 7633 F.... pulseaudio
/dev/snd/controlC1: ubuntu 7633 F.... pulseaudio
CasperVersion: 1.394
CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 18.04
IwConfig:
enp2s0 no wireless extensions.
enp7s5 no wireless extensions.
lo no wireless extensions.
LiveMediaBuild: Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS "Bionic Beaver" - Release amd64 (20180725)
MachineType: To be filled by O.E.M. To be filled by O.E.M.
Package: linux (not installed)
ProcEnviron:
TERM=xterm-256color
PATH=(custom, no user)
XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
SHELL=/bin/bash
ProcFB: 0 nouveaufb
ProcKernelCmdLine: file=/cdrom/preseed/username.seed boot=casper
initrd=/casper/initrd.lz quiet splash --- maybe-ubiquity
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.15.0-29.31-generic 4.15.18
RelatedPackageVersions:
linux-restricted-modules-4.15.0-29-generic N/A
linux-backports-modules-4.15.0-29-generic N/A
linux-firmware 1.173.1
RfKill:
Tags: bionic
Uname: Linux 4.15.0-29-generic x86_64
UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)
UserGroups: adm cdrom dip lpadmin plugdev sambashare sudo
_MarkForUpload: True
dmi.bios.date: 08/23/2011
dmi.bios.vendor: American Megatrends Inc.
dmi.bios.version: 0705
dmi.board.asset.tag: To be filled by O.E.M.
dmi.board.name: M5A99X EVO
dmi.board.vendor: ASUSTeK Computer INC.
dmi.board.version: Rev 1.xx
dmi.chassis.asset.tag: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
dmi.chassis.type: 3
dmi.chassis.vendor: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
dmi.chassis.version: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
dmi.modalias:
dmi:bvnAmericanMegatrendsInc.:bvr0705:bd08/23/2011:svnTobefilledbyO.E.M.:pnTobefilledbyO.E.M.:pvrTobefilledbyO.E.M.:rvnASUSTeKComputerINC.:rnM5A99XEVO:rvrRev1.xx:cvnToBeFilledByO.E.M.:ct3:cvrToBeFilledByO.E.M.:
dmi.product.family: To be filled by O.E.M.
dmi.product.name: To be filled by O.E.M.
dmi.product.version: To be filled by O.E.M.
dmi.sys.vendor: To be filled by O.E.M.
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1798615/+subscriptions
--
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~kernel-packages
Post to : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~kernel-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp