This bug is missing log files that will aid in diagnosing the problem.
While running an Ubuntu kernel (not a mainline or third-party kernel)
please enter the following command in a terminal window:

apport-collect 1787241

and then change the status of the bug to 'Confirmed'.

If, due to the nature of the issue you have encountered, you are unable
to run this command, please add a comment stating that fact and change
the bug status to 'Confirmed'.

This change has been made by an automated script, maintained by the
Ubuntu Kernel Team.

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

** Tags added: bionic

  Intel NUC8i7HNK does not boot 18.04 or 18.10 installation images

  I have an Intel NUC8i7HNK and none of the Ubuntu or Debian images that I have
tried get past GRUB. I have tried Ubuntu Server 18.04.1 as well as the latest
Ubuntu 18.10 nightly. After selecting any installation method in GRUB the
screen goes black. Things that I have tried that did not help:
  - removing quiet from the kernel command-line
  - removing quiet and adding nomodeset
  - removing quiet and adding nomodeset, earlyprintk=vga,keep, debug, and
ignore_loglevel

  Installation images that do not boot, with notes on kernel version:
  - Ubuntu Server 18.04 (4.15.?)
  - Ubuntu 18.10 nightly (4.15.?)
  - Debian Stretch/9.5.0 (4.9.110)
  - Latest Debian Buster alpha release (4.16.12)
  - Debian Buster nightly (4.17.8)

  I noticed that Arch 2018.08.01, which is running 4.17.11, does boot.

  I did update to the latest version of the BIOS (48).