You have been subscribed to a public bug:
I have the latest updates. I have noticed today that plugging or
unplugging a usb device while the computer is on freezes the whole
computer, keyboard/mouse are completly unresponsive.
While hunting for answers as to why this occurs I stumbled upon my dmesg
log stating
[ 13.356149] vboxdrv: module verification failed: signature and/or
required key missing - tainting kernel
and
[15265.066193] ata3.00: exception Emask 0x10 SAct 0x7e00 SErr 0x400000 action
0x6 frozen
[15265.066200] ata3.00: irq_stat 0x08000000, interface fatal error
[15265.066206] ata3: SError: { Handshk }
and
[15629.359098] ata3: limiting SATA link speed to 3.0 Gbps
it seems to be limiting my sata 3 to 3Mbps and running at 6Mbps.
Hope this helps.
** Affects: linux (Ubuntu)
Importance: Undecided
Status: New
** Tags: bot-comment
--
Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop clean install:Plugging or unplugging usb freezes entire
system
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1869993
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kernel Packages,
which is subscribed to linux in Ubuntu.
--
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~kernel-packages
Post to : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~kernel-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp