Public bug reported:

[Summary]
System got hang during the first boot.

[Steps to reproduce]
1. Install Ubuntu 20.04 beta image on ThinkPad X1 Extreme or P1
2. Unplug USB Live CD
3. Boot system and verify the result

[Expected result]
System boots up smoothly

[Actual result]
System got hang during the first boot.

[Failure rate]
100%

[Note]
The ThinkPad P1 and ThinkPad X1 Extreme are I+N configs
Even though system installed successfully in 'Safe mode', when user want to
boot it up, system will got hang always.

There is a workaround:
1. Install Ubuntu 20.04 beta image on ThinkPad X1 Extreme or P1
2. Unplug USB Live CD
3. Boot system and enter grub
4. Add the kernel parameter 'nomodeset' and press 'Ctrl+X'
5. After log in successfully, install nvidia display driver
6. After the driver installed, reboot system.

  [ThinkPad P1 and ThinkPad X1 Extreme] System got hang during the first
  boot.