Version: Ubuntu Server 20.04 - preinstalled 64-bit image for Raspberry
Pi.

ZFS on the Pi under 20.04 is currently a bit problematic. Upon issuing
the command 'zpool status', I'm helpfully directed to install zfsutils-
linux. When I do this, it complains that it cannot find the ZFS module,
then errors out. Worse than that, the zfsutils-linux package does not
depend on the zfs-dkms package, so it doesn't attempt to build the ZFS
kernel modules automatically.

The workaround is to install zfs-dkms, which builds the required kernel
modules. (Once this has been done, the usual errors when installing the
zfsutils-linux package, caused by there being no ZFS pools on the
system, can be worked around by creating a zpool, then rerunning 'sudo
apt install zfsutils-linux', as with previous versions of Ubuntu and
Debian).

I have not tested on other hardware platforms - this problem may also
exist on other platforms where the user has not selected to install to
ZFS.

I have selected 'zfsutils' as the affected package, which is not the
name of an actual current package, since launchpad won't let me submit
the bug without selecting a package, however it's not clear to me that
the problem is caused by that package.

** Affects: zfs-linux (Ubuntu)

ZFS installation on Raspberry Pi is problematic
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1874519
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kernel Packages,
which is subscribed to zfs-linux in Ubuntu.