This bug is missing log files that will aid in diagnosing the problem.
While running an Ubuntu kernel (not a mainline or third-party kernel)
please enter the following command in a terminal window:

apport-collect 1880445

and then change the status of the bug to 'Confirmed'.

If, due to the nature of the issue you have encountered, you are unable
to run this command, please add a comment stating that fact and change
the bug status to 'Confirmed'.

This change has been made by an automated script, maintained by the
Ubuntu Kernel Team.

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

** Tags added: trusty

  Hercules Classic Link does not work in recent Ubuntu versions (but
  does in 14.04 and 16.04)

  I've got a bug similar to this one here
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1872634

  There's a detailed description here
  https://askubuntu.com/questions/1241552/making-hercules-classic-link-
  web-camera-work-with-ubuntu-19-10

  The strange thing is, it does not work in 19.10 and live-usb 20.04,
  but it does work in 14.04 and 16.04. The last one I tried from
  Virtualbox by adding a USB device in the settings - and it works just
  fine. When I do `lsmod | grep gspca` in 16.04, I get the following
  output:

  gspca_pac7302  20480  0
  gspca_main     36864  1 gspca_pac7302
  v4l2_common    16384  2 gspca_main
  videodev      188416  3 gspca_main, gspca_pac7302, v4l2_common

  Whereas on my machine with 19.10 it's like this:

  gspca_pac7302          20480  0
  gspca_main             24576  1 gspca_pac7302
  videobuf2_vmalloc      20480  1 gspca_main
  videobuf2_v4l2         24576  1 gspca_main
  videobuf2_common       53248  2 gspca_main,videobuf2_v4l2
  videodev              208896  5
gspca_main,gspca_pac7302,v4l2_common,videobuf2_v4l2,videobuf2_common

  I already tried modprobe -r for all videobuf2_* and gspca_* modules
  and adding v4l2, but it just restored the previous module config.

  Could you please advice how could I solve this? I'm not sure which way
  to follow from here.