(this a reply to
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1850439/comments/153)

Eugene,

Looks like your device has a different audio hardware (??!!) and even a
separate bass speaker. If, of course, it's not just ALSA behaving
different on Arch and Ubuntu with different kernel versions.

Here is my alsa-info output for comparison: http://alsa-
project.org/db/?f=de23539e56920af428008882c75fdb912728f30e. There is no
bass speaker on my machine. And also you have other hda connections,
driver pin configs and some other stuff.

Unfortunately the only thing I can recommend you is to follow my
approach described in comments #131 and #128
(https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1850439/comments/131
and
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1850439/comments/128).

Basically you need to:
1) install Windows 10 in the Qemu virtual machine:
https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/QEMU/Windows_guest
2) list you IOMMU groups, add all devices from IOMMU group to the vfio driver:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PCI_passthrough_via_OVMF#Enabling_IOMMU

Here is the example for my machine and my devices, replace the
corresponding string in /etc/default/grub with your devices:

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="text vfio-
pci.ids=8086:02a3,8086:02c8,8086:0284,8086:7270 iommu=pt intel_iommu=on"

4) upgrade-grub
5) reboot
6) start windows virtual machine with the audio card forwarded, example:
https://gist.github.com/s-kostyuk/b8940413cc4334092a6fcc58661e0278
7) install the Realtek driver from here:
https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/ASUS-ZenBook-15-UX534FTC/HelpDesk_Download/
IMPORTANT: Search for appropriate drivers for YOUR notebook if it's not
UX534FTC.

8) in device manager - manually change the driver for your audio device to the
"Realtek High Definition Audio Version 6.0.8794.1"  (or similar)
9) ensure that everything is working in windows (mic, speakers, headphones, etc)
10) disable the device in device manager
11) stop windows VM
12) attach Ubuntu 20.04 Live CD (or other) with the audio still forwarded
13) ensure that the sound is working in VM
14) enable dump_coef, run alsa-info.sh and try to find the differences with
vanilla state

  No sound on ASUS UX534FT

  Hi,

  after instal Ubuntu in dual boot alongside Windows 10, I've realised
  there is no sound coming out of mine new ASUS Zenbook 15 UX534FT-
  AA024R in Ubuntu. In Windows there is no problem. Found this topic
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1810214 which had
  the same problem with driver for Realtek ALC294 which is also mine
  sound card. But even with this fix it is not working on UX534FT. Can
  you please add fix also for this newer model?

  Release:      18.04

  Package: linux-image-5.0.0-32-generic 5.0.0-32.34~18.04.2
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 5.0.0-32.34~18.04.2-generic 5.0.21
  Uname: Linux 5.0.0-32-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.20.9-0ubuntu7.7
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Tue Oct 29 15:11:25 2019
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS "Bionic Beaver" - Release amd64
(20190805)
  SourcePackage: linux-signed-hwe