Oke i tried, to get something that makes sense.

But the system basically goes completely random in failures, sometimes
green screen only fixable by enabling proprietary driver and then
disabling.

_If_ i get to a gui login it fails between seconds to minutes crashing
apps left and right even background daemons failing randomly.

After some digging it turns out that my model TU116 may not yet be properly
supported.
https://nouveau.freedesktop.org/wiki/CodeNames/#nv160familyturing
https://nouveau.freedesktop.org/wiki/FeatureMatrix/

I would recommend that the kernel does not attempt to load the nouveau
driver for NV140/NV160 at all since they are not supported. it's imo
better to have a crappy low res display by default, then completely
random behavior.

And the low res can be fixed by enabling the proprietary driver.

It may also be best to have the ubuntu installer of the next point
release automatically install and activate the nvidia proprietary driver
for these models so new users don't get a low res display by default.

  Kernel NULL pointer dereference

  Firefox got stuck opening a page and i was unable to dismiss the
  application in any way.

  I attempted to kill through the standard force quit oupup that gnome gives.
  I attempted to kill through the system monitor to suspend, kill, end etc. the
process nothing worked. it was keeping one core 100% load.

  Checking the logs i found something off in the _kern.log_ see
  attachment.

  'lsb_release -rd':
  Release:      20.04

  'uname -a':
  Linux dust 5.4.0-28-generic #32-Ubuntu SMP Wed Apr 22 17:40:10 UTC 2020
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
  ---
  ProblemType: Bug
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu27
  Architecture: amd64
  AudioDevicesInUse:
   USER        PID ACCESS COMMAND
   /dev/snd/controlC0:  matthijs   1964 F.... pulseaudio
   /dev/snd/controlC1:  matthijs   1964 F.... pulseaudio
  CasperMD5CheckResult: skip
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 20.04 LTS "Focal Fossa" - Release amd64 (20200423)
  IwConfig:
   lo        no wireless extensions.

   enp7s0    no wireless extensions.
  MachineType: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING
  Package: linux (not installed)
  ProcFB: 0 nouveaudrmfb
  ProcKernelCmdLine: BOOT_IMAGE=/vmlinuz-5.4.0-28-generic
root=/dev/mapper/vgubuntu-root ro quiet splash vt.handoff=7
  RelatedPackageVersions:
   linux-restricted-modules-5.4.0-28-generic N/A
   linux-backports-modules-5.4.0-28-generic  N/A
   linux-firmware                            1.187
  RfKill:

  Tags:  wayland-session focal
  UserGroups: adm cdrom dip lpadmin lxd plugdev sambashare sudo
  _MarkForUpload: True
  dmi.bios.date: 05/06/2019
  dmi.bios.vendor: American Megatrends Inc.
  dmi.bios.version: F31
  dmi.board.asset.tag: Default string
  dmi.board.name: X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING-CF
  dmi.board.vendor: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
  dmi.board.version: x.x
  dmi.chassis.asset.tag: Default string
  dmi.chassis.type: 3
  dmi.chassis.vendor: Default string
  dmi.chassis.version: Default string
  dmi.modalias:
dmi:bvnAmericanMegatrendsInc.:bvrF31:bd05/06/2019:svnGigabyteTechnologyCo.,Ltd.:pnX470AORUSULTRAGAMING:pvrDefaultstring:rvnGigabyteTechnologyCo.,Ltd.:rnX470AORUSULTRAGAMING-CF:rvrx.x:cvnDefaultstring:ct3:cvrDefaultstring:
  dmi.product.family: Default string
  dmi.product.name: X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING
  dmi.product.sku: Default string
  dmi.product.version: Default string
  dmi.sys.vendor: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.