This bug is missing log files that will aid in diagnosing the problem.
While running an Ubuntu kernel (not a mainline or third-party kernel)
please enter the following command in a terminal window:

apport-collect 1882917

and then change the status of the bug to 'Confirmed'.

If, due to the nature of the issue you have encountered, you are unable
to run this command, please add a comment stating that fact and change
the bug status to 'Confirmed'.

This change has been made by an automated script, maintained by the
Ubuntu Kernel Team.

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  Ubuntu freezes after resume from suspend/hibernate in 10-15 sec

  Asked her as well: https://askubuntu.com/questions/1247968/ubuntu-
  freezes-after-resume-from-suspend-hibernate-in-10-15-sec

  Bought new laptop - [Dell
  Latitude-5501][https://www.dell.com/ru/business/p/latitude-15-5501-laptop/pd]
  with Ubuntu 18.04.4. Works fine, however the only problem exists:
  after I close laptop cover or after some time of inactivity Ubuntu
  suspends or hibernate (do not know). After I resume it, it starts to
  work but in 10-15 sec Ubuntu freezes and I forced to power-off.

  Tried many things mentioned here:

  - blacklist nouveau
  - install older kernel - 4.14.41
  - update to newer - 4.18 or latest 5.3 kernel
  - switch to proprietary nvidia driver (was installed by default)
  - install `lightdm` instead of `gdm3`
  - dell software had run some recent firmware upgrade
  - etc

  Nothing work - it still freezes and it is impossible to work. The only
  suggestion I did not tried yet: install kubuntu and then original
  nvidia driver from manufacturer site. Do not know however if it
  affects warranty? ;) Any ideas how to solve, how to diagnose? Thanks!

  System, hardware and security logs during suspend/resume attached
  (original 4.15 kernel):

  - [System.log](https://pastebin.com/0Ttnu7T9)
  - [Security.log](https://pastebin.com/Wme1y1wM)
  - [Hardware.log](https://pastebin.com/ujUS5Ce4)

  Logs for 4.18 kernel are slightly different:

  - [System_4.18.log](https://pastebin.com/WVNXiFdA)
  - [Hardware_4.18.log](https://pastebin.com/RphtPj0w)
  - [Software_4.18.log](https://pastebin.com/CwypQ4VF)
  - [Security_4.18.log](https://pastebin.com/VV2ck2un)