This bug is missing log files that will aid in diagnosing the problem.
While running an Ubuntu kernel (not a mainline or third-party kernel)
please enter the following command in a terminal window:

apport-collect 1883990

and then change the status of the bug to 'Confirmed'.

If, due to the nature of the issue you have encountered, you are unable
to run this command, please add a comment stating that fact and change
the bug status to 'Confirmed'.

This change has been made by an automated script, maintained by the
Ubuntu Kernel Team.

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  Intel i350-AM21 not detected on 5.4.X Kernel (Intel GbE driver bug)

  Hi all,

  As mentioned on IRC, here is the problem:

  2 x 1GbE LAN via IntelĀ® i350-AM21 2 port GbE interface card is not
  being picked up under Ubuntu either using kernel in-tree driver or
  Intel provided driver on their website. These NIC(s) are used within
  the Supermicro H11DSi board
  (https://www.supermicro.com/en/products/motherboard/H11DSi) and
  several other variants of their motherboard.

  I tried two ways to fix this issue:

  (1) Building the Intel provided driver is not possible right now on
  newer kernels (see bug:
  https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00004dfC66SAE/intel-350t4
  -igb-driver-and-kernel-54-build-error?language=en_US). It is using old
  headers and even with some corrections it fails to compile with some
  detailed code corrections. Supermicro provides the exact same drivers
  as found on the Intel website on a CD for RHEL/SuSE which also fails
  to compile for the same reason.

  (2) The kernel in-tree Intel driver fails to identify these Intel
  interfaces as it appears the device ID is missing

(https://github.com/torvalds/linux/blob/6f0d349d922ba44e4348a17a78ea51b7135965b1/drivers/net/ethernet/intel/igb/e1000_hw.h):

  In the header file we see the identifiers:

  #define E1000_DEV_ID_I350_COPPER 0x1521
  #define E1000_DEV_ID_I350_FIBER 0x1522
  #define E1000_DEV_ID_I350_SERDES 0x1523
  #define E1000_DEV_ID_I350_SGMII 0x1524

  lspci shows us a missing identifier (0x151f):

  01:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Intel Corporation Device [8086:151f] (rev
01)
  01:00.1 Ethernet controller [0200]: Intel Corporation Device [8086:151f] (rev
01)

  It could be that a simple addition of the identifier in the kernel
  fixes the issue, although issue (1) still exists and Intel needs to
  re-build and test their code on the latest 5.X Kernel.

  Happy to test if you have a suggested fix & thnx for the support