Public bug reported:

After installing ubuntu and inspecting the drivers and whats working and
what not I foudn that a lot of people are having problems with
fingerprint on these two models, as I can see IML verzions got support
recently so I hope this should be a quick fix.

Fingerprint sensor is not working and it's not detected by kernel at
all.

Currently running on the latest version of Ubuntu.

** Attachment added: "version.log"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1885167/+attachment/5387195/+files/version.log

  Lenovo Thinkbook 14-IIL and 15-IIL Fingerprint not found