The microphone is broken on the certfieid Dell Inspiron 7591, Dell
Inspiron 7590, and Dell Inspiron 3590. due to missing this new firmware.

We need to verify and land the solution ASAP.

** Changed in: linux-firmware (Ubuntu Bionic)

** Changed in: linux-firmware (Ubuntu)

** Also affects: oem-priority

** Changed in: oem-priority

** Changed in: oem-priority
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Kai-Chuan Hsieh (kchsieh)

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-firmware in Ubuntu.

  linux-firmware: missing sof-cfl.ri symbol link for Bionic and Eoan

Status in OEM Priority Project:
  New
Status in linux-firmware package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Committed
Status in linux-firmware source package in Bionic:
  Fix Committed
Status in linux-firmware source package in Eoan:

  some ubuntu eoan/bionic users reported that the audio driver failed
  to initialize, then the audio didn't work. I checked the dmesg, found
  the sof driver planed to load sof-cfl.ri, but there is no this
  firmware under eoan or bionic.

  [Fix]
  I consulted with Intel audio team, they told me that the coffeelake
  platform could share the firmware with cnl/whl platoforms, so we could
  build a symbol link sof-cfl->sof-cnl.

  [Test Case]
  A couple of ubuntu users already tested it on Dell and Asus coffeelake
  laptops, it worked well.

  [Regression Risk]
  Low, users already tested it, and Intel audio team confirmed it is safe.