[Expired for linux (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for 60
days.]

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  kmalloc-192 slab corruption inside VM with QXL driver

Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  I would like to ask to backport following patch into ubuntu kernels:

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=933db73351d359f74b14f4af095808260aff11f9

  This bug silently corrupts memory in kmalloc-192 objects.
  we observed several such cases and have few crashes inside RHEL7/8 VMs with
QXL driver.
  during investigation we have found that the problem exist in mainline.

  Some details:
  qxl driver inside guest submit command with reference to allocated struct
qxl_release.
  Host handles it, moves related struct qxl_release to release_ring and trigger
interrupt
  guest handles interrupt and forces gabage collector in qxl driver
  which wolks through release_ring and removes qxl_release structures.
  and then main thread calls qxl_release_fence_buffer_objects() it access
already freed qxl_release.
  Solution is to swap the qxl_release_fence_buffer_objects() +
  qxl_push_{cursor,command}_ring_release() calls.

  I would note -- direct  cherry-pick can be incomplete,
  old kernels can have few other places where
  qxl_release_fence_buffer_objects() is called after
  qxl_push_{cursor,command}_ring_release().
  All such places should be fixed, I did it for 4.4, 4.9 and few other stable
kernels.

  We did not have confirmed cases for ubuntu inside VM,
  however we believe your kernels should be affected too.