Public bug reported:
I am using Ubuntu 20.04 on Dell 5575 with AMD Ryzen 5. WiFi was working
during installation and after the I updated recent, it stopped working.
lspci | grep Atheros
03:00.0 Network controller: Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 802.11ac Wireless Network
Adapter (rev 31)
dmesg errors
[ 5.627332] ath10k_core_register_work+0x26/0x120 [ath10k_core]
[ 5.627355] ath10k_pci 0000:03:00.0: unable to get target info from device
[ 5.627358] ath10k_pci 0000:03:00.0: could not get target info (-5)
[ 5.627373] ath10k_pci 0000:03:00.0: could not probe fw (-5)
have tried using older kernel 5.4.0-26 but that didn't help.
I had to add this to grub, "nomodeset iommu=off" as it wasn't booting.
sudo lspci -vnvn > lspci-vnvn.log
pcilib: sysfs_read_vpd: read failed: Input/output error
lsb_release -rd
Description: Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
Release: 20.04
** Affects: linux (Ubuntu)
Importance: Undecided
Status: New
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kernel
Packages, which is subscribed to linux in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1887623
Title:
Atheros QCA9377 WiFi Not detected on Ubuntu 20.04
Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
New
Bug description:
I am using Ubuntu 20.04 on Dell 5575 with AMD Ryzen 5. WiFi was
working during installation and after the I updated recent, it stopped
working.
lspci | grep Atheros
03:00.0 Network controller: Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 802.11ac Wireless
Network Adapter (rev 31)
dmesg errors
[ 5.627332] ath10k_core_register_work+0x26/0x120 [ath10k_core]
[ 5.627355] ath10k_pci 0000:03:00.0: unable to get target info from device
[ 5.627358] ath10k_pci 0000:03:00.0: could not get target info (-5)
[ 5.627373] ath10k_pci 0000:03:00.0: could not probe fw (-5)
have tried using older kernel 5.4.0-26 but that didn't help.
I had to add this to grub, "nomodeset iommu=off" as it wasn't booting.
sudo lspci -vnvn > lspci-vnvn.log
pcilib: sysfs_read_vpd: read failed: Input/output error
lsb_release -rd
Description: Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
Release: 20.04
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1887623/+subscriptions
--
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~kernel-packages
Post to : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~kernel-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp