This bug was filed for a Pop!_OS installation.  Won't Fix.

** Changed in: zfs-linux (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to zfs-linux in Ubuntu.

  zfs usb hdd: i/o is currently suspended after laptop wakeup from
  suspend

Status in zfs-linux package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  Hey,
  I have an external usb hdd, which is formatted with zfs.

  When I suspend my laptop, and wake it up, the state of the pool is
  normal, if I try to ls the pool, I get the list of files on it one
  time, then the pool freeze

  here is the status:

    pool: your-pool
   state: ONLINE
  status: One or more devices are faulted in response to IO failures.
  action: Make sure the affected devices are connected, then run 'zpool clear'.
     see: http://zfsonlinux.org/msg/ZFS-8000-HC
    scan: none requested
  config:

        NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        your-pool   ONLINE       0     5     0
          sda1      ONLINE       0    12     0
  errors: List of errors unavailable: pool I/O is currently suspended

  errors: 5 data errors, use '-v' for a list

  If I try: zpool clear your-pool

  I get:  cannot clear errors for your-pool: I/O error

  and the state change to UNAVIAL like this:

    pool: your-pool
   state: UNAVAIL
  status: One or more devices are faulted in response to IO failures.
  action: Make sure the affected devices are connected, then run 'zpool clear'.
     see: http://zfsonlinux.org/msg/ZFS-8000-HC
    scan: none requested
  config:

        NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        your-pool   UNAVAIL      0     0     0  insufficient replicas
          sda1      UNAVAIL      0     0     0
  errors: List of errors unavailable: pool I/O is currently suspended

  errors: 5 data errors, use '-v' for a list

  Any one experienced this ?

  Release:      18.04

  zfsutils-linux:
    Installed: 0.7.5-1ubuntu16.6