You have been subscribed to a public bug:
Hello,
Problem: when I launch an application there is a noise coming from the
hardware/laptop device. This noise is not coming from my speaker. The
noise sounds very "electronic" - as if there is a twitch happening in
the actual hardware of the laptop. The noise occurs for less than half a
second. It sounds a lot like a hard drive twitch, but the laptop is only
equipped with an SSD.
When: it occurs always when I launch an application such as Files,
Firefox and Hexchat. It also sometimes occurs when I click a link and a
new tab is opened in Firefox.
Hardware: It is an Acer Swift 7 (SF13-51-MG25). Graphics Mesa Intel® HD
Graphics 615 (KBL GT2). CPU Intel® Core™ i5-7Y54 CPU @ 1.20GHz × 4.
Ubuntu: it occurs on Ubuntu 20 LTS and the Beta, but did not occur in
Ubuntu 19 and also not in Ubuntu 18. All packages have been upgraded. a
Re-installation of the OS did not resolve the issue. The issue did not
occur when I used Windows 10.
** Affects: linux (Ubuntu)
Importance: Undecided
Status: New
** Tags: bot-comment
--
Noise coming from the hardware
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1874898
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kernel Packages,
which is subscribed to linux in Ubuntu.
--
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~kernel-packages
Post to : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~kernel-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp