*** This bug is a duplicate of bug 1861837 ***
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1861837
I am also seeing exactly this bug on older hardware (Lenovo G560) using up to
date kernel, so this can not be a duplicate of #1861837.
Workaround as proposed does also not work.
Can I provide any more information or does anybody have another idea?
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kernel
Packages, which is subscribed to linux-signed-5.4 in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1861938
Title:
laptop locks up every time I try to put it to sleep (suspend)
Status in linux-signed-5.4 package in Ubuntu:
Confirmed
Bug description:
My ThinkPad X1 Carbon 7th Gen running 20.04 hangs every time I put it
to sleep. It doesn't finish going to sleep, i.e., the LEDs stay on,
and all I can do is hard power-cycle it by holding down the power
button.
/var/log/syslog extract showing that after "PM: suspend entry (deep)"
the next thing that happens is the system rebooting after I power-
cycled it.
Feb 4 18:20:10 jik-d42-x1 systemd[1]: Starting Suspend...
Feb 4 18:20:10 jik-d42-x1 systemd-sleep[4511]:
/usr/lib/systemd/system-sleep/displaylink.sh: line 7: /tmp/PmMessagesPort_out:
No such file or directory
Feb 4 18:20:10 jik-d42-x1 systemd-sleep[4509]: Suspending system...
Feb 4 18:20:10 jik-d42-x1 kernel: [ 54.970789] PM: suspend entry (deep)
Feb 4 18:21:01 jik-d42-x1 systemd-modules-load[678]: Inserted module 'lp'
Feb 4 18:21:01 jik-d42-x1 kernel: [ 0.000000] microcode: microcode
updated early to revision 0xca, date = 2019-10-03
Feb 4 18:21:01 jik-d42-x1 kernel: [ 0.000000] Linux version
5.4.0-13-generic (buildd@lgw01-amd64-039) (gcc version 9.2.1 20200123 (Ubuntu
9.2.1-25ubuntu1)) #16-Ubuntu SMP Thu Jan 30 17:28:41 UTC 2020 (Ubuntu
5.4.0-13.16-generic 5.4.16)
I also have a ThinkPad X1 Carbon 6th Gen running 20.04, and it does
not have this problem, as you can see from this log snippet...
Feb 4 16:24:32 jik-x1 systemd[1]: Starting Suspend...
Feb 4 16:24:32 jik-x1 systemd-sleep[1904652]:
/usr/lib/systemd/system-sleep/displaylink.sh: line 7: /tmp/PmMessagesPort_out:
No such file or directory
Feb 4 16:24:32 jik-x1 systemd-sleep[1904650]: Suspending system...
Feb 4 16:24:32 jik-x1 kernel: [267217.248978] PM: suspend entry (deep)
Feb 4 17:30:38 jik-x1 kernel: [267217.262691] Filesystems sync: 0.013 seconds
Feb 4 17:30:38 jik-x1 kernel: [267217.263841] Freezing user space processes
... (elapsed 0.002 seconds) done.
Feb 4 17:30:38 jik-x1 kernel: [267217.266689] OOM killer disabled.
Feb 4 17:30:38 jik-x1 kernel: [267217.266689] Freezing remaining freezable
tasks ... (elapsed 0.001 seconds) done.
... etc. ...
The 7th Gen laptop was able to go to sleep successfully before I
upgraded it to 20.04, so this is a regression.
I installed all the current packages from proposed as of a few minutes
before filing this bug, and that did not fix the problem.
ProblemType: Bug
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 20.04
Package: linux-image-5.4.0-13-generic 5.4.0-13.16
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 5.4.0-13.16-generic 5.4.16
Uname: Linux 5.4.0-13-generic x86_64
NonfreeKernelModules: zfs zunicode zavl icp zcommon znvpair
ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu16
Architecture: amd64
CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
Date: Tue Feb 4 18:23:17 2020
InstallationDate: Installed on 2019-09-12 (145 days ago)
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 19.04 "Disco Dingo" - Release amd64 (20190416)
SourcePackage: linux-signed-5.4
UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to focal on 2020-02-04 (0 days ago)
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-signed-5.4/+bug/1861938/+subscriptions
--
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~kernel-packages
Post to : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~kernel-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp