** Package changed: ubuntu => linux (Ubuntu)

  hfs+ filesystems fail reading / writing large files

  I noticed a problem reading hfs+ partitions on a USB flash drive after
  I installed Ubuntu 20.04 on two laptop machines. I have a Mini Mac
  that I share files via an USB flash drive formatted with hfs+ from the
  laptops with Ubuntu installed. I had no issues with Ubuntu Mate 18.10.

  I noticed that very large files, typicality larger than 100 MB, would
  have read errors or sometimes have a zero file size. One particular
  file about 500MB fails nearly every time. Other files, down to about
  100MB fail sometimes.

  I bought a new USB flash drive, but have the same failures on that.
  I have an identical flash drive formatted with ext4 which has no issues. I'm
currently booting to Ubuntu Mate 18.10 to write the hfs+ USB flash drive.

  1007 ceres ~ cat /proc/version_signature
  Ubuntu 5.4.0-42.46-generic 5.4.44

  1000 ceres ~ lsb_release -rd
  Release:      20.04

  1005 admin@ceres ~ sudo lspci -vnvn > lspci-vnvn.log
  pcilib: sysfs_read_vpd: read failed: Input/output error
  pcilib: sysfs_read_vpd: read failed: Input/output error