Here my similar problem: https://askubuntu.com/questions/1268740
/integrated-webcam-stopped-working-camera-is-working-on-windows

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-signed in Ubuntu.

  webcam is detected but not working

Status in linux-signed package in Ubuntu:

  My builtin webcam stopped working after a kernel update issued after
  22 April 2020 . Before this date i was able to take pictures on cheese
  and video call etc , and for a while i didn't use my webcam until
  yesterday i noticed that my webcam is getting detected as "usb 2.0 web
  camera" but its not working at all . Cheese shows a black screen when
  opened and Firefox asks for permission and then nothing happens . So i
  changed the kernel to version to 5.0 from 5.4.0.33 and webcam started
  working properly .So this issue is caused by a linux kernel update .

  output of sudo lshw :

  *-usb:1
                        product: USB 2.0 Web Camera
                        vendor: Alcor Micro, Corp.
                        physical id: 2
                        bus info: usb@1:1.2
                        version: 0.08
                        capabilities: usb-2.00
                        configuration: driver=uvcvideo maxpower=200mA
speed=480Mbit/s