This bug is missing log files that will aid in diagnosing the problem.
>From a terminal window please run:

apport-collect 1274622

and then change the status of the bug to 'Confirmed'.

If, due to the nature of the issue you have encountered, you are unable
to run this command, please add a comment stating that fact and change
the bug status to 'Confirmed'.

This change has been made by an automated script, maintained by the
Ubuntu Kernel Team.

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  /lib/firmware/iwlwifi-7260-7.ucode is the wrong version

Status in “linux” package in Ubuntu:

  Hi, I ran into a bug that made wifi unstable on my Lenovo Ideapad
  Y710.  I needed to disable/reenable networking about every 5 minutes.
  I was able to get some connectivity, but obviously, this is a pain in
  the ass.

  After working with the awesome support folks at Intel, I think we
  isolated the problem and solution.

  The problem likely affects all laptops with the Intel(R) Wireless 7260
  chipset.

  The solution is to use updated firmware from here:
  http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/firmware/linux-

firmware.git/plain/iwlwifi-7260-7.ucode?id=824994715e0276e64cdbf2badbe02921a78fb287

  Just replace the /lib/firmware/iwlwifi-7260-7.ucode binary with the new
  one.

  Below is the last email I got from Luca at ilw at linux.intel.com - if
  you have questions, they know the technical details to the solution.
  Thanks again!

  Mike

  ------

  Hi Mike,

  My colleague noticed that you are using an older version of the firmware
  which contains a bug that may be the cause of the problem you're seeing.

  We have pushed a new firmware (with a fix for this) to the
  linux-firmware.git repository.  You can get it here:

  http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/firmware/linux-

firmware.git/plain/iwlwifi-7260-7.ucode?id=824994715e0276e64cdbf2badbe02921a78fb287

  Just replace the /lib/firmware/iwlwifi-7260-7.ucode binary with the new
  one.

  I checked Ubuntu's packages and it seems that they only updated to the
  new one in the linux-firmware 1.122 package (for trusty).  Ubuntu Saucy
  (13.10) still has the old version in the linux-firmware 1.116 package.
  It would be nice if someone would poke Ubuntu to add 1.122 to the
  saucy-updates or something.  I believe Linux Mint is following Ubuntu in
  this case.

  I hope this helps!

  (And thanks to Emmanuel for the help ;)

  --