** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  /lib/firmware/iwlwifi-7260-7.ucode is the wrong version

Status in “linux” package in Ubuntu:

  Hi, I ran into a bug that made wifi unstable on my Lenovo Ideapad
  Y710.  I needed to disable/reenable networking about every 5 minutes.
  I was able to get some connectivity, but obviously, this is a pain in
  the ass.

  After working with the awesome support folks at Intel, I think we
  isolated the problem and solution.

  The problem likely affects all laptops with the Intel(R) Wireless 7260
  chipset.

  The solution is to use updated firmware from here:
  http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/firmware/linux-

firmware.git/plain/iwlwifi-7260-7.ucode?id=824994715e0276e64cdbf2badbe02921a78fb287

  Just replace the /lib/firmware/iwlwifi-7260-7.ucode binary with the new
  one.

  Below is the last email I got from Luca at ilw at linux.intel.com - if
  you have questions, they know the technical details to the solution.
  Thanks again!

  Mike

  ------

  Hi Mike,

  My colleague noticed that you are using an older version of the firmware
  which contains a bug that may be the cause of the problem you're seeing.

  We have pushed a new firmware (with a fix for this) to the
  linux-firmware.git repository.  You can get it here:

  http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/firmware/linux-

firmware.git/plain/iwlwifi-7260-7.ucode?id=824994715e0276e64cdbf2badbe02921a78fb287

  Just replace the /lib/firmware/iwlwifi-7260-7.ucode binary with the new
  one.

  I checked Ubuntu's packages and it seems that they only updated to the
  new one in the linux-firmware 1.122 package (for trusty).  Ubuntu Saucy
  (13.10) still has the old version in the linux-firmware 1.116 package.
  It would be nice if someone would poke Ubuntu to add 1.122 to the
  saucy-updates or something.  I believe Linux Mint is following Ubuntu in
  this case.

  I hope this helps!

  (And thanks to Emmanuel for the help ;)

  --