That's not the sort of config we usually turn on, as it's more of a
developer feature than something end users are interested in. So I don't
see any need to turn the option back on. We can go ahead and grab the
patch though.

In any case I'd like to get some secure boot testing with the current
build, as we'd like to try and get a 5.10 build into hirsute-proposed
next week.

  5.10 kernel fails to boot with secure boot disabled

Status in The Ubuntu-power-systems project:

  Canonical requests to test the secure boot for the 5.10 kernel but
  kernel fails to boot with secure boot disabled.

  The 5.10 kernel can be found in:
  https://launchpad.net/~canonical-kernel-team/+archive/ubuntu/bootstrap

  They can be installed by installing the linux-generic-wip package with
  this PPA enabled. As usual, they are only signed using a key specific to
  that PPA. This key can be retrieved from the signing tarballs for the
  kernels, e.g.:

  http://ppa.launchpad.net/canonical-kernel-

team/bootstrap/ubuntu/dists/hirsute/main/signed/linux-5.10-ppc64el/5.10.0-2.3/signed.tar.gz

  Our tester installed the 5.10 kernel via aptitude.
  If booting directly from the bootmenu, it stucks at:
  "kexec_core: Starting new kernel"

  If booting recovery kernel for 5.10.0, it proceeds farther and after
kexec_core, it failed at:
  "
  [    0.029830] LSM: Security Framework initializing
  [    0.029916] Yama: b
  "

  Two attempts with a different scenario; running with 5.8 kernel and boot via
commandline for 5.10:
  kexec -l /boot/vmlinux-5.10.0-0-generic
--initrd=/boot/initrd.img-5.10.0-0-generic
--append="root=UUID=49d000cb-dba2-4d70-809e-38f2b31d0f09 ro quiet splash"
  kexec -e

  Both attempts also failed while rebooting, once with the same error as
  the error from booting with bootmenu; the other failure occurred a lot
  earlier.

  Wondering what new CONFIGs and/or features for the 5.10 kernel?