Thanks @ZdravkoG

After re-installing Ubuntu, I was able to get the package onto the device using
a USB stick.
I then updated Ubuntu, and then installed the package from my Downloads folder.

However, upon reboot, I'm now taken to the GRUB boot menu. From there,
it is hit or miss on whether or not the laptop actually boots to the
desktop, no matter what options that I choose.

I'm just going to re-install Ubuntu from scratch and use this laptop as
I had been before the latest update. I'm too new with Ubuntu, and would
like to spend some time working with a working version.

I truly appreciate your assistance. Thanks!

Packages, which is subscribed to bcmwl in Ubuntu.

  Driver build error on kernel 5.8, but works on 5.4

Status in bcmwl package in Ubuntu:

  Recently kernel was updated on Focal from 5.4 to 5.8. From that moment on
WiFi doesn't work anymore. After a try rebuild (reconfigure) the result is:
  # dpkg-reconfigure bcmwl-kernel-source
  Removing all DKMS Modules
  Done.
  Building for 5.4.0-59-generic 5.8.0-34-generic
  Building for architecture x86_64
  Building initial module for 5.4.0-59-generic
  Done.

  wl.ko:
  Running module version sanity check.
   - Original module
     - No original module exists within this kernel
   - Installation
     - Installing to /lib/modules/5.4.0-59-generic/updates/dkms/

  depmod................

  DKMS: install completed.
  Building initial module for 5.8.0-34-generic
  ERROR: Cannot create report: [Errno 17] File exists:
'/var/crash/bcmwl-kernel-source.0.crash'
  Error! Bad return status for module build on kernel: 5.8.0-34-generic (x86_64)
  Consult /var/lib/dkms/bcmwl/6.30.223.271+bdcom/build/make.log for more
information.
  As could be seen, the build for 5.4 completes successfully (and works on same
kernel), but for 5.8 fails. Seems something is going wrong with missing
function declaration - function "ioremap_nocache", as could be seen in attached
make.log.
  I'm guessing, driver code may need be updated according to the new kernel
headers.

  Package: bcmwl-kernel-source 6.30.223.271+bdcom-0ubuntu5
  NonfreeKernelModules: wl
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu27.14
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: skip