** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu Xenial)

  restore reverted commit "crypto: arm64/sha - avoid non-standard inline
  asm tricks"

Status in linux source package in Xenial:

  To address bug 1905336, we reverted an upstream commit. Upstream have now
pulled in a commit to properly fix the underlying issue. Once we merge that
fix, we should be able to reapply the reverted commit.

  [Test Case]
  If the kernel boots and we can still load the sha{1,2}_ce modules, we should
be good.

  [Fix]
  After this is applied:
    https://www.spinics.net/lists/stable/msg431217.html
  We should reapply the commit we reverted here:

https://kernel.ubuntu.com/git/ubuntu/ubuntu-xenial.git/commit/?id=4baa2fdd354700e2304e10cdbc64402621c3fa29

  [Where Problems May Occur]
  Although we shipped the reverted patch for many releases - the whole time we
did so, the impacted modules were not loadable. Once we reapply it, xenial
users will be running that code for the first time. If there are issues with
the code, users of the sha{1,2}_ce modules may now hit them. Issues could
include kernel oopses, corruption, etc.