I have just installed XUbubtu 20.04 LTS on a system based on a Gigabyte
J3455-D3H motherboard and a 120Gb SSD.

Following installation the system will not boot and fails well before I
can use it to report the bug via Apport.  The last meesage displayed on
screen is:

[ 2.271553] hid-generic 0003:413C:2105.0001: input,hidraw0: USB HID
v1.10 keyboard [Dell Dell USB Keyboard] on usb-0000:00:15.0.8.2/input0

Following this message the system doesn't get any further and simply
hangs.  I've tried leaving it for over an hour and no further messages
appear.

n.b. I do not think that the problem relates to the USB keyboard as it
works fine on my other Ubuntu and Windows machines.  I've also obviously
tried several different keyboards (all fully working on my other
machines) and have also unplugged the usb mouse temporarily so the only
USB device attached is the keyboard.

I also do not believe there is a problem with the hardware as a previous
test install of Windows 10 worked fine.

** Tags: boot bot-comment failure
--
Kernel 5.8.0.50 fails to boot