This bug is awaiting verification that the kernel in -proposed solves
the problem. Please test the kernel and update this bug with the
results. If the problem is solved, change the tag 'verification-needed-
focal' to 'verification-done-focal'. If the problem still exists, change
the tag 'verification-needed-focal' to 'verification-failed-focal'.

If verification is not done by 5 working days from today, this fix will
be dropped from the source code, and this bug will be closed.

See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/EnableProposed for documentation how
to enable and use -proposed. Thank you!

** Tags added: verification-needed-focal

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-oem-5.6 in Ubuntu.

  Mark kprobe_args_user.tc in kselftest/ftrace as unsupported

Status in ubuntu-kernel-tests:
  In Progress
Status in linux-oem-5.6 package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in linux source package in Focal:
  Fix Committed
Status in linux-oem-5.6 source package in Focal:
  In Progress

  This kprobe_args_user.tc test will be marked as "unresolved" and once causing
failures in ftrace of our ubuntu_kernel_selftests (lp:1869227)

  Our workaround is to blacklist this test in autotest-client-tests [1]

  Note that with patch b730d668138cb3 ("ftrace/selftest: make unresolved
  cases cause failure if --fail-unresolved set") available, an
  unresolved case will not be treated as a failure unless we requested
  so.

  [1] https://kernel.ubuntu.com/git/ubuntu/autotest-client-

tests.git/commit/ubuntu_kernel_selftests/ubuntu_kernel_selftests.py?id=a381d47a9004388730e825cd20566ef102a29399

  [Fix]
  * 1e11b7dbef17bb selftests/ftrace: Return unsupported for the unconfigured
features

  With this patch it will be marked as unsupported, easier to understand
  than unresolved.

  This patch can be found in Groovy and newer releases, and this test
  does not exist in Bionic and older releases.

  [Test]
  Tested on s390x / PowerPC, this will be marked as unsupported:
  $ sudo ./ftracetest test.d/kprobe/kprobe_args_user.tc
  === Ftrace unit tests ===
  [1] Kprobe event user-memory access   [UNSUPPORTED]

  # of passed:  0
  # of failed:  0
  # of unresolved:  0
  # of untested:  0
  # of unsupported:  1
  # of xfailed:  0
  # of undefined(test bug):  0
  $ echo $?
  0

  [Where problems could occur]
  Changes limited to testing tool, should not impact real kernel functionality.
With this patch and local workaround in autotest-client-tests removed we might
see failures in s390x / PowerPC in the future.