We have this test disabled intentionally in the past because of the lack of
commit 27d53323664c54 "l2tp: remove skb_dst_set() from l2tp_xmit_skb()" in our
kernels.

The way we disable it is to override the executable state with our
autotest-client-test suite [1], but this makes the test suite complain
about script is not executable. Henceforth we further disable it by
removing it from the Makefile in "UBUNTU: SAUCE: selftests/net --
disable timeout"

Now with commit 27d53323664c54 landed and l2tp.sh test re-enable in our
test suite [2], we still need to revert that SAUCE patch to get it
tested.

[1]
https://kernel.ubuntu.com/git/ubuntu/autotest-client-tests.git/commit/?id=05d7eebf32c6872ebce6c9e5275b1ff9d91ecd16
[2]
https://kernel.ubuntu.com/git/ubuntu/autotest-client-tests.git/commit/?id=7dea7776ce431e5a1c550dc73b1d9ac0ba49698d

[Fix]
Revert "UBUNTU: SAUCE: selftests/net -- disable timeout"

This test only exists in our tree since Focal.

[Test]
Run the net test suite in kselftest with patched source tree:
  sudo make -C linux/tools/testing/selftests TARGETS=net run_tests

The l2tp.sh test will be executed.

[Where problems could occur]
This is only for testing tools, however if commit 27d53323664c54 "l2tp: remove
skb_dst_set() from l2tp_xmit_skb()" didn't land properly we might crash our
testing node like in bug 1854968. Also, we might see new failures for this test
in the test report.

** Affects: ubuntu-kernel-tests

** Affects: linux (Ubuntu Focal)

** Changed in: ubuntu-kernel-tests
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Po-Hsu Lin (cypressyew)

** Changed in: ubuntu-kernel-tests

** Also affects: linux (Ubuntu)

** Also affects: linux (Ubuntu Focal)

** Description changed:

  [Impact]
  We have this test disabled intentionally in the past because of the lack of
commit 27d53323664c54 "l2tp: remove skb_dst_set() from l2tp_xmit_skb()" in our
kernels.

  The way we disable it is to override the executable state with our
  autotest-client-test suite [1], but this makes the test suite complain
  about script is not executable. Henceforth we further disable it by
  removing it from the Makefile in "UBUNTU: SAUCE: selftests/net --
  disable timeout"

  Now with commit 27d53323664c54 landed and l2tp.sh test re-enable in out

+
[...]

  Add l2tp.sh in net from ubuntu_kernel_selftests back

Status in ubuntu-kernel-tests:
  In Progress
Status in linux source package in Focal: