ecryptfs seems to be currently broken on Trusty.
System: Trusty
Linux: 3.13.0-8-generic #28-Ubuntu
ecryptfs: 103-0ubuntu2 or 104-0ubuntu1

Any attempt to mount fails with:
Unable to link the KEY_SPEC_USER_KEYRING into the KEY_SPEC_SESSION_KEYRING;
there is something wrong with your kernel keyring. Did you build key retention
support into your kernel?

Original reporter mentioned earlier kernel also:

I am using the fedora 19 default kernel, which should have ecryptfs
support. I don't think something is wrong with my kernel. Nevertheless I
get this strange error message. Googling it lead to nothing, so I
suspect this is a bug in ecryptfs?

 iblue@silence  ~/ecrypt-test  lsmod | grep ecrypt
ecryptfs               85466  0
encrypted_keys         18502  1 ecryptfs
 iblue@silence  ~/ecrypt-test  mkdir -m 700 private
 iblue@silence  ~/ecrypt-test  sudo mount -t ecryptfs private private
Unable to link the KEY_SPEC_USER_KEYRING into the KEY_SPEC_SESSION_KEYRING;
there is something wrong with your kernel keyring. Did you build key retention
support into your kernel?
 ✘ iblue@silence  ~/ecrypt-test  uname -a
Linux silence 3.10.11-200.fc19.x86_64 #1 SMP Mon Sep 9 13:03:01 UTC 2013 x86_64
x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

--
ecryptfs fails to mount (Unable to link the KEY_SPEC_USER_KEYRING into the
KEY_SPEC_SESSION_KEYRING)