This bug is missing log files that will aid in diagnosing the problem.
While running an Ubuntu kernel (not a mainline or third-party kernel)
please enter the following command in a terminal window:

apport-collect 1942684

and then change the status of the bug to 'Confirmed'.

If, due to the nature of the issue you have encountered, you are unable
to run this command, please add a comment stating that fact and change
the bug status to 'Confirmed'.

This change has been made by an automated script, maintained by the
Ubuntu Kernel Team.

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  Kernel 5.14.0/1 fails to boot

  I have been testing kernels 5.14.0 and 5.14.1 since their release on
  https://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/ and my machine fails
  to boot with either one.

  However, I am able to boot just fine with 5.14.0-rc6. I have not tried
  5.14.0-rc7 since it is not available on the mainline app FWIW.

  journalctl -b output attached with 5.14.1

  Motherboard: MSI X570 Tomahawk
  CPU: AMD 5900X
  GPU: AsusTek 6800XT
  OS: Hirsute 21.04