** Tags added: patch

  AER PCIe Bus Error for Asus X541UVK

  I already posted this on the Ubuntu Forums and I'm revisiting it now
  with more information and accuracy.

  Whenever I try to install any flavor of *buntu, I always run into this
  problem; a process taking up all of my CPU and after a while, it
  crashes the system and the whole screen goes black with text spamming.
  It shows some PCI errors non-stop, and following some guides online i
  tried to fix it but never actually succeeded.

  The distro I was trying to install this time was the default 20.04.2
  Ubuntu.

  My PC is a laptop, it's an ASUS X541UVK with an i7 7500U and Geforce
  920MX. At first I thought that there was a problem with the Nvidia GPU
  but it appears to be with the Realtek BT card. I went to follow this
  guide:

  https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=305970

  (since using pci=nomsi once solved the issue some time ago)
  And the reproduced steps from the guide above are here (from the live usb):

  https://imgur.com/a/enq5UCt

  However this still doesn't solve my problems. I submitted my
  information at the time on this bug:

  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1521173

  But now I made a duplicate of the bug since my pc has slightly
  different hardware. Also, I have a little bit more free time now. So,
  this time, I tried again with Ubuntu 20.04.3 and the results were
  pretty much the same; after booting up Ubuntu reported an "internal
  error" and I just managed to open the Gnome System Monitor (and sort
  the processes by CPU usage) just before the entire pc froze. Here are
  some pictures:

  https://imgur.com/a/Sd7TO4y

  Then, as suggested in the original bug report (
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1521173/comments/139
  ), I tried booting using the "pci=noaer" option, and the desktop at
  first booted fine, much quicker than before also, but for a few
  seconds the screen went black and these appeared on screen:

  https://imgur.com/a/Ppq2D0W

  Then after that it just went back to normal, and I didn't notice any
  anomaly. Also here (again, as suggested in the other bug report) I
  copy-pasted the results of "lspci -nn" and "dmesg":

  https://pastebin.com/HMvdhvnz

  https://pastebin.com/pnjPNcWr

  I really hope this helps towards finding the issue :) for anything
  else for me to try, feel free to suggest and I'll try it and report
  the results.