This bug is missing log files that will aid in diagnosing the problem.
While running an Ubuntu kernel (not a mainline or third-party kernel)
please enter the following command in a terminal window:

apport-collect 1945369

and then change the status of the bug to 'Confirmed'.

If, due to the nature of the issue you have encountered, you are unable
to run this command, please add a comment stating that fact and change
the bug status to 'Confirmed'.

This change has been made by an automated script, maintained by the
Ubuntu Kernel Team.

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  memory cgroup disabled on Ubuntu Core 18

  On Ubuntu Core 18, the memory cgroup is disabled, it seems that it
  needs to be manually enabled. I was able to enable it by adding
  `cgroup_enable=memory cgroup_memory=1` to the kernel command line, but
  on Ubuntu I think the memory cgroup should be enabled by default
  shouldn't it?

  $ cat /proc/cgroups
  #subsys_name  hierarchy       num_cgroups     enabled
  cpuset        2       1       1
  cpu   4       100     1
  cpuacct       4       100     1
  blkio 5       100     1
  memory        0       109     0
  devices       6       100     1
  freezer       9       4       1
  net_cls       3       1       1
  perf_event    10      1       1
  net_prio      3       1       1
  pids  8       107     1
  rdma  7       1       1

  I see this with

  Linux localhost 5.4.0-1043-raspi #47~18.04.1-Ubuntu SMP PREEMPT Mon
  Aug 23 14:39:46 UTC 2021 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux

  on Ubuntu Core 18, but folks have informed me that the same is true on
  Ubuntu Core 20 as well.