** Changed in: makedumpfile (Ubuntu)

     Assignee: (unassigned) => dann frazier (dannf)

Packages, which is subscribed to makedumpfile in Ubuntu.

  [RFE] Add zstd support for makedumpfile and use it by default

Status in makedumpfile package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  Recently makedumpfile had zstd[0] support added upstream[1]. My
  suggestion here is to backport this work for Debian/Ubuntu and use it
  as default (starting for example in 22.04), since it has a better
  compression time and similar or even better compression rate. In [1]
  there are good experiments, but I did a simple experiment in a small
  VM (2G of RAM, idle) using Debian 11 (results in the first comment].

  I'll open a Debian bug as well.
  Thanks in advance,

  Guilherme

  [0] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zstandard