[Expired for linux (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for 60
days.]

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000 is recognized but no sound

Status in Linux Mint:
  Expired

Bug description:
  Release: 11 (katya)
  Edition: Gnome 32-bit

  After plugging in Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000 usb headset into my IBM
  T61 type 6464, I get no sound out of the headset.  The Sound
  Preferences utility sees the device under the Hardware and Outputs
  tab.  Only troubleshooting done is restart and try different usb port.
  Headset worked perfectly on same hardware with Windows 7 Professional
  32 bit.