** Changed in: linux-firmware (Ubuntu Hirsute)

** Changed in: linux-firmware (Ubuntu Impish)

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-firmware in Ubuntu.

  [SRU] linux-firmware: add sof-firmware for adl platforms from sof-
  firmware-v1.9.2

Status in HWE Next:
  New
Status in linux-firmware package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in linux-firmware source package in Focal:
  Fix Committed
Status in linux-firmware source package in Hirsute:
  Fix Committed
Status in linux-firmware source package in Impish:

  Because we plan to remove sof-firmware related files from linux-firmware
  of jammy and replace them with a debian package firmware-sof-signed, so
  this SRU is not applied to jammy. I will submit another SRU to
  firmware-sof-signed package later.

  [Impact]
  In the Dell oem project, we have many laptops which has sof dmic or
  sof soundwire audio design, they need to load firmware and topology
  files specific to ADL, otherwise the audio driver will fail to
  initialize and the whole audio can't work.

  [Fix]
  Integrate the firmware and topology files from sof-firmware-v1.9.2

  [Test]
  Installed the patched linux-firmware and booting the patched kernel,
  the audio work well, all output and input devices work normally

  [Where problems could occur]
  This SRU introduces new firmware and topology files for adl, it has
  low possibility to introduce regression. If it could, it could
  possibilily affect the other machines which also need to load firmware
  and topology files, it could make the audio can't work on those machines,
  but this possibility is very low, we have tested the SRU on many laptops,
  no regression found.